Wednesday, July 09, 2008

RYAN IS 1 TODAY!

I can't believe that my little baby boy is one! That is such a crazy thing for me to grasp! He is such an amazing child and I'm so blessed to be his mama :)

So it all started on July 7, 2007 - I was 9 days overdue and went into the hospital to be induced because frankly I was darn tired of being pregnant and wanted to see my boy! Pretty much sat around all day and almost NO progress!The next day July 8, 2007 we thought for sure we would have a baby! But no... he wanted to be difficult. The pitocin spiked Ryan's heartbeat and I got an infection... About 10pm, my epidural started wearing off and I was in PAIN! The doctors and nurses (who were fabolous by the way - I really do love them!) gave me a boster of epidural, but I was in PAIN!At about 12:30 - 1am on July 9, 2007, the doctor came in to check on my because Ryan had somehow lodge himself on my hip and that was actually worse pain than any of my contractions! The Doctor told me that after 41 hours of being in the hospital - 28 of which were hard labor I was only 9cm dialated! I was not a happy camper - I had to option to keep going or have a C-Section. I gladly welcomed the C-Section. I was pretty scared to have the surgery, but it went very smoothly and I healed pretty quickly. At 2:17am on July 9, 2007, Ryan Benjamin was born! He weighed 8lb 7oz and was 20inches long. The doctor, when she pulled him out said that he was looking at everything and had beautiful eyes! He has been aware of everything since he was born and his eyes really are beautiful! Since I had been in labor so long, after the C-Section I started shaking really bad! Ben and the nurse brought Ryan over for me to see, but I couldn't really enjoy the moment because I was in pain still so the doctors knocked me out and I was able to rest for a few hours. Both sets of grandparents, Uncle Jeremy and Ben were there with Ryan while I was resting and they have told me that Ryan was super alert and that he was looking for his mommy! :) Finally at about 5:30am I was able to see my beautiful baby! It literally was love at first sigh

7 comments:

Nana said...

Papa and I were talking this morning about all the wonderful times we have had this year and how Ryan has blessed our lives! We love him so much!

Ashley said...

Wow, that is a great story. That must have been SO rough to be in labor for so long and with no progress. I was a week late and induced too, but mine progressed quickly after I was induced and I gave birth only about 12 hours after getting that Pitocin stuff. But it was all worth it and now you have your beautiful baby who's a year old!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!!! I can't believe his is already one! I am sure that the pain of those days has been forgotten (wellfor the most part!)as you have enjoyed this past year with your little guy!

Kings said...

wow, i can't imagine. But i'm guessing since everyone says it is worth it, you think the same. :)Happy birthday to your little one.

Tiffany said...

Wow...sounds rough! I am happy that everything turned out fine tho! Happy Birthday Ryan!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Congrats on your beautiful baby (big boy). Enjoy it, it flys by. He is adorable. worth all the pain!

brooke said...

I'm totally crying reading this post. SUCH a basketcase! I love reading birthing stories. Thank you for writing that!